Sales Representative - West Coast
250 Wireless Blvd, Hauppauge, NY, United States, 11788
Barron’s Educational Series Inc., a leading international book publisher is seeking an aggressive sales person for our west coast territory. The position requires a minimum of 3-5 years book trade experience to call on trade and non – traditional markets. This is a well – established territory with many existing accounts located in California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Utah and Arizona. The position reports directly to the National Sales Manager.
- Extensive travel throughout the territory
- Maintain expert product knowledge for title list presentations
- Broaden the customer base to insure territory growth
- Coordinate coverage with telemarketing representatives
- Explore promotional opportunities
- Conform to required reporting of the company
- Prepare for, attend and actively participate in all required sales meetings
- Attend trade shows to represent publisher
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience selling book with relationships at key accounts, both bookstores and mass merchants.
- Knowledge of book publishing industry trends and consumer behavior.
- Ability to travel via car, train and plane.
- Strong computer skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Edelweiss a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail.
- Energetic with strong presentation skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings with diverse audiences.
- Experience with accounts in the existing territory preferred
Applicant’s home base will be located in Southern California and if relocation is necessary it will be at the candidate’s expense.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements with Sales Rep in subject line of the email.
About Barrons Educational Series:
Barron’s Educational Series, Inc. headquartered in Hauppauge NY is a leading international book publisher recognized and highly respected worldwide with its origin dating back to 1941. Barron’s publishes more than 300 new titles a year and maintains an extensive backlist of well over 2, 000 titles in a wide range of categories – from our world renowned test-prep and college guides, foreign language learning, children’s books, pet books , crafts and more.