Senior Production Editor
195 Broadway 9th floor, New York, NY, United States, 10007
Starts: Open Until Filled
Manage part of an annual list of titles, including picture books, middle-grade and young adult novels, and graphic novels for midsize book publisher.
- Work closely with editorial, design, and production departments to guide books through a high-volume editorial preproduction process
- Copyedit and proofread manuscripts, layouts, cover copy, catalog, and other materials
- Manage and evaluate freelancers
- Create and track schedules
- Use online title management system to track book data (specifications, etc.) and schedules
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of experience as an Editorial Production Editor in the book industry
- Expert-level copyediting and proofreading (including familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style) and attention to detail
- Extensive experience in evaluating, hiring, and managing freelancers
- Proven ability to create and manage multiple schedules simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically across departments
- Experience working on a range of books—with novel-length fiction, in YA or adult—a plus
No sponsorship available
*Please include the TITLE of the position in the subject line. Please include your salary requirements.
About Abrams Books:
ABRAMS is the preeminent publisher of high-quality illustrated books and gift paper products for adults, adolescents and young children, and creates critically acclaimed and bestselling works under the following imprints: Abrams, Abrams ComicArts, Abrams Image, Abrams Books for Young Readers, Amulet Books, Abrams Appleseed, Abrams Noterie, Abrams Press, and Abrams Calendars.
We practice the art of books. At the heart of this practice are the people—creators, colleagues, partners, and readers—who together form a passionate community committed to quality and integrity. We strive to be inclusive in our publishing and our organization, celebrating vibrant voices, cultures, and ideas.
ABRAMS is conveniently located in the financial district, NYC. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, 401 (k) plan, tuition assistance, summer hours and a paid Christmas week of vacation. More information about ABRAMS and our publishing program can be found at our website www.abramsbooks.com.