Seattle, WA, United States
Seattle7Writers is searching for a new program director
The job is part-time, 15-20 hours per week, working on a contract basis mostly from home, with a meeting here and there. Those hours can be flexible, though evening meetings occur approximately once every month or two. But the meetings are fun, so it’s all good.
The position requires:
- strong organizational and communication skills
- ability to coordinate grants and fundraising efforts (OTJ learning a possibility)
- event planning and production experience (or OTJ for right applicant)
- ability to use a spread sheet, social media, and to communicate well in writing
- self motivation to get things done
It helps to have:
- a love of books
- friendliness, patience, and kindness
Anyone interested can send a resume/CV plus cover letter addressing the above to me at email@example.com.
About Seattle7Writers :
Our mission at Seattle7Writers is to support literacy organizations in our communities and to create connections between writers, readers, booksellers, and librarians. With more than 80 acclaimed and bestselling authors in our ranks, our motto is Read Local!
As a nonprofit organization, we promote literacy efforts in our community through programming, teaching, speaking, grants, and donations. To date, we have donated more than $70,000 to literacy organizations and rehomed more than 30,000 books to readers in need. Our unique literary events create community, opportunity, and support for a diverse array of readers and writers.