Vice President of Sales, Books
1970 Broad Street, East Petersburg, PA, United States, 17520
Fox Chapel Publishing is accepting applications for the position of Sales Vice President, reporting directly to the President.
Fox Chapel Publishing specializes in non-fiction, illustrated publications for specialty interest markets including Art, Craft, Pet, Home & Garden, Wood Working and Lifestyle. The company is also expanding into new categories including Children’s books, Gift formats and products.
As part of the executive team, the Sales VP will responsible to lead the development and execution of strategic sales initiatives supporting the company’s overall publication plans with expansion into key specialty interests markets and channels.
- Collaborate with executive team to develop a top level down sales strategy supporting company’s new titles release program and mission.
- Identify, recruit and develop a leading team of best in class sales professionals, driven to fulfill the company’s vision, exceed goals, creating new business opportunities.
- Directly supervise in-house sales team and book and gift trade commission groups.
- Directly oversee day to day strategic planning for key accounts and distributors, identifying opportunities and account specific solutions to challenges.
- Work closely with Account Mangers to develop bottom up annual forecast plans and reforecasting process for Key Accounts and Distributors.
- Monitor industry and competitive trends to quickly identify sales opportunities for potential new title/product introductions as well as company’s robust backlist program.
- Oversee Bi Annual Sales Conference.
- Must bring 10 plus years senior level sales management experience in the book trade to the position.
- Must demonstrate the ability to think strategically on all levels with the ability to analyze and evaluate account level opportunities.
- Experience managing large Distributors, making presentations, directing meetings and process.
- Attend key industry trade shows, overseeing sales team objectives, key meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and develop data driven sales strategies.
- Proven track record of new key account development and management.
- A thorough understanding of the book trade, library, and gift markets.
- High level of expertise with Excel
About Fox Chapel Publishing:
Fox Chapel is a dynamic and growing book and magazine publishing company based in Lancaster County, PA, specializing in publishing books, magazines, and related products developed for specialty retailers including Craft, Hobby, Quilt Shops, and Gift Stores, in addition to specialty Book retailers.