Director of Business Development & Publisher Relations
New York, NY, United States, 75024
Work Location: Remote position in New York.
BookShout, the go-to app for eBook lovers, is looking for a Director of Business Development and Publisher Relations to join our team on a full-time basis. The goal and objective of the Director of Business Development and Publisher Relations is to create new business opportunities, service current clients, and work closely with publishers on bulk ebook pricing. This position reports directly to the CEO. Strong negotiation skills are a must.
- Continuously prospect for new business using your existing network and creating new relationships
- Define goals, objectives and specific business development strategies
- Communicate client concerns or suggestions back to sales and product teams in an effort to create new revenue streams
- Track monthly and quarterly revenue goals and update all phases of sales activity and pipeline
- Successfully negotiate with publishers on bulk ebook pricing
- Expand awareness of all the services BookShout has to offer while also knowing who our competitors are and what gives us the competitive edge
- Participate in trade shows, conferences and other events, acting as BookShout’s advocate
The ideal candidate:
- Is a self-starter who thrives in entrepreneurial environments
- Is a problem solver, who enjoys negotiating and balancing multiple projects simultaneously
- Is an out of the box thinker who understands how to evaluate deals and business risks while keeping in mind multiple variables
- Is an optimist who has a can-do attitude when it comes to working with clients and colleagues
- Is a publishing maven with an extensive knowledge of the book work and a growing network of contacts within the industry
- Has 5+ years of publishing or relevant experience
- Is a New York resident who doesn't want to go in to the office every day (Main office in Plano, TX)
BookShout offers the next level in reading platform. We offer users the ability to set reading goals, track their reading stats, connect and compete with friends. We are also the only platform that pays people to read more through a loyalty program, and we have all the same published eBooks for sale in our online store that Amazon has. With over 1.5 million eBook titles in our inventory, BookShout is the largest supplier of bulk eBook sales in the world. We have a promotional system that allows the distribution of hundreds of thousands of eBooks to any organization for any publisher - all in a single day. We work with Fortune 500 brands and top Ad Agencies to deliver bulk eBooks through promotional giveaways, loyalty programs, and corporate development.