High School Media Specialist
500 Fifth Ave, New York, NY 10110, New York, NY, United States, 10110
W. W. Norton & Company is seeking a High School Media Sales Specialist for its college division. The High School Media Sales Specialist is responsible for assisting Norton’s High School representatives in winning adoptions where digital media is an important consideration and to train faculty on the implementation and use of Norton’s digital media products. This position will also have the opportunity to spearhead initiatives determined as vital to the high school department’s success.
- Training high schools representatives on digital media in person, at sales conferences, and via webinars.
- Participating in or conducting presentations to faculty.
- Conducting sales and training webinars for faculty.
- Participating in sales conference presentations.
- Conducting implementation workshops, including early- and late-summer workshops.
- Attending high school national conferences to demo digital media.
- Assisting with technology questionnaires, concerns and queries from school districts. which address issues of privacy, compatibility, integration and support.
- Collaborating with the digital media, marketing, and sales groups to develop on-the-ground digital strategy for existing and forthcoming digital media.
- Attending a semi-annual meeting with Norton’s Media Sales Specialist group in New York.
*Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
- Educational sales experience for a minimum of two academic years.
- A strong sales performance, including experience with and success in selling to committees.
- Evidence of ability to take initiative.
- Evidence of general proficiency with and passion for technology.
- Interest in instructional technology and the digital needs of both students and instructors.
- Strong writing, analytical, and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25% overnight during the academic year in addition to academic meetings and Norton conferences.
About W.W. Norton & Company, Inc.:
W. W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W. W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years”. In college publishing, that imperative applies not only to books, but also to an ever-growing list of essential print and digital supplements that support teaching and learning. For more information about the Company, visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.