41 William Street, Princeton, NJ, United States, 08540
Are you a self-starter who loves books and technology?
Do you enjoy informing business decisions with the use of data?
Do you thrive when you partner with a diversity of individuals to work towards sales goals?
If yes, then read on!
Princeton University Press (PUP) seeks an Inventory Manager to join the Sales department to drive inventory accuracy in support of the publishing program. In this role, you will be a strategic team-player who will create new reporting tools to improve the monitoring, evaluation, and implementation of inventory strategies at PUP. The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of relevant experience within the publishing industry and managing inventory and tracking sales across retail and wholesale partners. This candidate will also possess the ability to provide predictive analysis to determine inventory needs and in turn coordinate with the Production department to initiate reprints. In this role, you will interact with a diversity of individuals, work independently and within teams, and have a strong desire to take on new challenges.
The Press is one of the top academic publishers in the country, provides a comprehensive and affordable benefits package, and is located in a historic building on Princeton University’s campus that is walking distance from downtown Princeton with easy car access to Route 1.
- Monitors Press inventory and sales alongside inventory at distributor alongside in retail and wholesale channels
- Predicts inventory needs, and initiates and prioritizes reprints with production department
- Makes recommendations for moving stock to print-on-demand (POD) status and coordinate the process with production department and with our distribution partners
- Work across sales, finance, and production departments to improve reporting, sales forecasting, inventory availability, and efficiencies in the supply chain.
- Coordinates with production department and European sales operation on local printing and inventory management
- Identify overstock and coordinate destruction and/or remaindering of unsalable inventory
- Lead routine meetings with the Sales and Manufacturing Production teams to review item-level inventory recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in publishing preferred
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with a strong attention to detail
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Access
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A team-player who can coordinate well with internal and external partners
- Highly organized with a positive, proactive, and efficient approach to managing a demanding workload
- Disciplined and consistent with a strong sense of follow-through
Interested candidates should send a cover letter with salary requirements, cover letter and resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only finalists will be contacted.For more information on Princeton University Press, visit http://press.princeton.edu/.
Princeton University Press is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
About Princeton University Press:
Princeton University Press brings scholarly ideas to the world. We publish peer-reviewed books that connect authors and readers across spheres of knowledge to advance and enrich the global conversation.
We embrace the highest standards of scholarship, inclusivity, and diversity in our publishing.
In keeping with Princeton University’s commitment to serve the nation and the world, we publish for scholars, students, and engaged readers everywhere.