1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA, United States, 02142
Who we are:
BookBub is one of the fastest growing consumer tech startups in Boston. Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service helps thousands of leading publishers and authors drive sales and find new fans. We're looking to expand our team to launch new consumer-facing book discovery features, marketing tools for authors and publishers, and other web and mobile products that address the digital transformation of the publishing industry. Learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
About the position:
BookBub’s Account Managers help our publisher partners use BookBub to effectively sell books and find new fans. We are seeking an Account Manager to join the team and take on our international publisher accounts. The person in this role will be the main BookBub liaison for our publisher partners in the UK, Canada, and Australia, responsible for hitting revenue goals from existing accounts, and driving new business from publishers we don’t work with yet.
Here’s a sample of what someone can expect to accomplish in their first year in this position:
- Drive significant revenue from international publisher partners by strategically optimizing existing business and generating new business, ensuring we hit our quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Build strong relationships with our international publisher partners, becoming a trusted source for guidance on how they can best use BookBub’s marketing tools to achieve their goals and sell more books
- Maintain high client retention and satisfaction by providing excellent support and an unwavering willingness to assist partners with any concerns
- Represent BookBub in the international publishing community and enhance our brand by presenting at industry conferences, attending networking events, and regularly meeting with partners
- Become an indispensable member of the Partners team, representing international partners’ interests internally while developing collaborative relationships with coworkers and other BookBub teams
- Note that regular travel (international and domestic) is required in this role for industry events and client meetings
Ideal candidates for the position will have:
- Experience developing and fostering professional relationships, networking and making connections, and providing client/customer support
- Demonstrated success in closing business, hitting goals, and driving revenue
- A solid understanding of ebook marketing strategies and deep knowledge of the publishing industry and its key players
- An ability to think analytically and excitement for BookBub’s data-driven approach to decision-making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Direct experience working in sales or account management is a plus but not a requirement; candidates with a publishing background in publicity, marketing, rights, scouting, and agenting may have equally fitting experience for this role
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and take-what-you-need paid time off. Learn more about becoming a part of the BookBub team.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.