Remote Position, United States
As the sole paid staff member of the Independent Booksellers Consortium, the Executive Director is responsible for all facets of the corporation’s day-to-day functioning as well as ongoing service to its members. The Executive Director reports to the President of the Board on a weekly basis and is responsible to the Board of Directors made up of bookstore members. The position is 30 hours per week.
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Organize, plan and execute logistics for two member meetings and additional smaller meetings throughout the year.
- Facilitate communication among members.
- Manage all financial, legal and organizational affairs of the Corporation.
- Manage and facilitate all committee work.
- Liaison with industry partners, including publishers, the American Booksellers Association and others.
- Develop and maintain member programs.
- Other duties as needs of members and the industry change.
- Ability to work independently from a home-based office.
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and project management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of bookselling, retailing and publishing industries.
- Experience planning meetings is a plus.
- Ability to travel at least three times a year for multiple days.
- Basic knowledge of Quickbooks and experience managing budgets preferred.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and list of references to: Edsearch@independentbooksellers.com. Please include "IBC Job" in the subject line.
Salary 36K-40K, other benefits to be discussed at the time of interviews.
The Independent Booksellers Consortium is a small, membership organization formed of independent booksellers from across the country. The Executive Director works from home.