Publicity Coordinator, Getty Publications
1200 Getty Center Drive, Los Angeles, CA, United States, 90049
Under general supervision, markets the organization to the various constituents through advertising, publicity, and social media.
Major Job Responsibilities
Publicity and Promotion
- Plan and orchestrate publicity plans for all titles: write press releases, identify appropriate media and reviewers, assemble media lists, organize mailings, clear image permissions for media use, supply images to illustrate reviews, and conduct follow-up as necessary.
- Travel to New York twice a year to meet with key media outlets, maintain relationships with the press.
- For exhibition and program-related titles, collaborate publicity and promotional activities with Trust Communications. Provide information on exhibition-related titles to Trust Communications for Getty blog, Getty Magazine and other Trust publications as appropriate.
- Provide book information for the Trust annual report, exhibition websites and brochures, and exhibition press kits.
- Oversee assembly and distribution of monthly review packet and draft periodic bulletins for staff and distribution partners.
- Organize author events as required.
- With oversight from Associate Publisher, manage advertising plan and budget. Draft plan each fiscal year, monitor budget on an ongoing basis, negotiate contracts and special rates, draft ad copy and oversee freelance ad designer, submit materials to media outlets. Work with Lead Designer to periodically revise ad design.
- Explore new venues for print and online advertising as media outlets evolve and also in response to the composition of the list.
- Act as the point person for all social media efforts. Maintain Publications Facebook and Twitter accounts, and work with Trust accounts for cross promotion whenever possible. Explore new platforms for Publications to pursue.
- Manage overall seasonal catalog process and oversee front-list section of the sales catalog. Gather copy from editors and edit to fit space and adhere to style, gather cover and image files from designers, proof each round of pages, circulate pages through marketing and other departments for final approval.
- Work in collaboration with the Sales Manager to draft a marketing plan for each title that is presented to our distributors at their biannual sales conferences.
- Attend exhibits as a representative of the Getty as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, English, art history or related field
- 2-3 years experience in publicity and advertising, with academic or art book marketing experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized and creative
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules
- Demonstrated team player
- Fluency in all Microsoft Suite programs, and a deep familiarity with a variety of social media platforms Basic knowledge of Filemaker, Photoshop and inDesign preferred