Sales & Support Representative (Special Markets)
1400 Broadway, Ste 520, New York, NY, United States, 10018
Have you ever worked for a publisher? Do you enjoy working as part of a team? Is Sales something that interests you?
Ingram Content Group, Inc. (ICG) is currently seeking a Sales & Support Representative to join our team in New York. In this role, you will provide a high level of sales support to sales managers and accounts in the Shared Sales Department, specifically the Special Markets/Gift Sales team. You’ll perform office-related sales and administrative support duties for the Sales team, including title submissions, sales presentations, and collecting and organizing marketing material. This position is required to serve our external customers from a support perspective such as order placement and tracking, verifying data, sample shipments and customer requests.
Does this sound like the right fit for you? If so, we’d like to receive your application. Visit www.ingramcareers.com
- Assists with sales meeting preparation: identifies key titles, constructs and designs PowerPoint presentations and coordinates the arrival of sample materials.
- Maintains account database.
- Builds and updates thematic and seasonal title collections
- Mails book samples, advance materials, and publisher catalogs to buyers
- Retrieves hi-resolution cover images and interior spreads and fills out title information sheets needed for key customers.
- Processes and tracks purchase orders from key retail and wholesale customers
- Partners with customer service, warehouse, and publishers ensure on-time delivery of orders.
- Collects and edits bi-weekly commentary from Sales Managers.
- Provides administrative support to sales leadership including sales reporting, team calendars, conference attendance, and department meetings.
- Manages intake of book samples and advance materials; creates and manages reoccurring meetings as needed.
- Creates slides and/or presentation decks for monthly business meetings
Minimum Preferred Qualifications
We would like our talented associate for this role to have at least these minimum skills & experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of sales and/or customer service experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 year experience working with MS Excel, including using formulas, v-lookups and pivot tables
We’d be excited to hear if you also have the following experience:
- Prior Publishing experience
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically PowerPoint and Excel
- Client Relations experience
About Ingram Content Group:
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
We participate in EVerify.