221 Whitney Avenue, New Haven, CT, United States, 06511
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
General Purpose: Reporting to the Publicity Director, the Publicity Assistant provides high-level administrative support to the Publicity Director, three Senior Publicists, and two Publicists. Publicity Assistant serves as first point of contact for media looking to connect with authors and books published by Yale University Press (YUP); coordinates and executes timely dissemination of information and materials about YUP books to media, often on deadline; and coordinates workflow and project development for Publicity Department as a whole and for individual publicity campaigns as needed.
Required Education and Experience: Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate's degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor's degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Computer proficiency with working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat. Ability to quickly master and work within industry databases such as Cision and Publicity Assistant.
- Excellent writing skills and proofreading skills. Excellent attention to detail. Writing sample may be requested at the time of interview.
- Strong familiarity with social media. Ability and desire to learn new technology.
- Knowledge of literary and book review media; knowledge of academic disciplines. Demonstrated interest in publishing, media or journalism.
- Strong work ethic, with demonstrated professionalism and integrity. Demonstrated interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently as well as in a team. Strong organizational skills.
- Preferred Education and Experience: YUP internship, graduate of a postgraduate professional-level publishing course, or six months’ experience as a Publishing or Editorial Assistant.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at https://bit.ly/2HwTD2N Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.