Client Relations Manager
1700 Fourth Street, Berkeley, CA, United States, 94710
Do you have book industry experience? Do you understand the ins and outs of how the bookselling industry works? Are you good at managing client relationships?
Publishers Group West (PGW), an Ingram Content Group, Inc. (ICG) company, is currently seeking a Client Relations Manager to join our team in Berkeley, CA. In this role, you will manage the ongoing business relationship between Publishers Group West (PGW) and an assigned list of clients, acting as the key liaison to Sales and other Ingram departments. You’ll partner with assigned clients to develop and grow their businesses utilizing book industry knowledge and internal tools. As the Client Relations Manager, you will maintain client satisfaction exemplified by being client focused and responding with a sense of urgency. You’ll also communicate timelines and action plans to clients and manage the process to include interaction with other departments and businesses as necessary. It will be your responsibility to recommend improvements as necessary and facilitate all other aspects of the client distribution relationship.
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d like to receive your application. Visit www.ingramcareers.com
Essential Job Duties:
- Develops and maintains profitable and successful relationships with PGW client publishers by collaborating with Inventory Specialists and various ICG departments on effective service offering and allocation strategies.
- Serves as liaison between clients, Sales, Operations and the Ingram organization.
- Oversees publishers’ new title projections, backlist sales, inventory analysis and promotional recommendations.
- Communicates publisher deadlines and coordinates and assists clients in meeting deadlines.
- Advocates for clients at sales conferences - coordinates all aspects of client presentation including introductions, coaching and facilitation of sales dialog and interaction.
- Consults on publicity and marketing plans, including cover design, pricing, and packaging as necessary.
- Works with the sales department to facilitate sales opportunities across all market channels.
- Informs and educates clients on industry trends, including Ingram programs to further publishers’ sales opportunities.
- Spearheads development of reporting and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and conducts business reviews with assigned publisher clients.
- Operates as the expert for all things pertaining to assigned clients.
We would like our talented associate for this role to have at least these minimum skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 years book industry (distribution, buying, selling) or client management experience
- 1 year of supervisory, project coordination, or similar experience
About Ingram Content Group:
Ingram Content Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted distributors of physical and digital content. Thousands of publishers, retailers, and libraries worldwide use our products and services to realize the full business potential of books, regardless of format. Ingram Content Group has earned its lead position and reputation by offering excellent service and creating innovative, integrated solutions. Our customers have access to best-of-class digital, audio, print, print-on-demand, inventory management, wholesale and full-service distribution programs.
Ingram offers a compensation package that includes competitive base salary, incentive opportunities, and excellent comprehensive benefits offerings. For more information about Ingram Content Group, or to view the full job description and apply online, please visit our website at www.ingramcontent.com.
Ingram Content Group is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
We participate in EVerify.