Partnered Events Manager
5015 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, DC, United States, 20008
The Partnered Events Manager is responsible for handling all logistical components and managing the more than 50 events annually that Politics and Prose does in partnership with other organizations at venues across Washington, D.C. This manager reports directly to P&P’s Director of Events and works closely with counterparts in other P&P departments as well as at external venues to coordinate ticket sales, event logistics, and event-related customer service. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who will be cool under pressure, with a problem-solving nature and an ability to think on his/her feet.
Other requirements for this position include:
- At least two years of event management or production experience;
- Willingness to work nights and weekends;
- A strong eye for detail, including experience with managing budgets and inventory;
- Excellent people skills, with experience in customer service and personnel management;
- A/V competency preferred;
- Love of books!
About Politics and Prose:
Politics and Prose is a D.C. based business devoted to cultivating community and strengthening the common good through books, programs, and a respectful exchange of ideas. We’re committed to exceptional customer service and to the values of independence, inclusion, and diversity.