1101 East 33rd Street, Suite E001, Baltimore, MD, United States, 21218
Johns Hopkins University
A key member of the three-person promotion team reporting to the Assistant Director of Marketing, the Promotion Coordinator plays an instrumental role in identifying, planning, and executing print and digital promotion of new and backlist titles for the Books Division. The coordinator handles day-to-day responsibility for ensuring that the content, appearance, and functionality of informational web pages on the JHUP site for the books division and online references are up-to-date. This position requires a professional with experience in book publishing who can handle multiple demands and challenging schedules.
• Develops and maintains a regular rotation of featured titles and web promotions for the Book Division, including list-servs of new title updates, subject-area promotions, and sales.
• Coordinates book selection, mailing list selection and acquisition, copy extraction, scheduling, and distribution for academic subject catalogs (10 annually), direct response, email promotions (60-80 annually), trial expiration notifications, and renewal reminders. Collects and organizes information on campaign costs and coordinates with Assistant Director of Marketing the generation and presentation of quarterly reports on campaign results.
• Researches, selects, and orders mailing lists. Coordinates all bulk mailings and bulk emails for marketing department. Serves as liaison to list brokers. Coordinates postage advances. Monitors revenue from sales of JHUP mailing lists.
• Works with Assistant Director of Marketing and Senior Designer to coordinate the collection, editing, production, and distribution of final copy, cover art, and metadata for two seasonal catalogs annually.
• Monitors the websites of major online retailers to ensure that bibliographic and promotional information is current and accurate. Supplies retailers, wholesalers, distributors, bibliographic cataloguers, and sales reps with metadata, advance sales information, covers, descriptions, and review excerpts seasonally, as new titles become available, and whenever otherwise necessary. Consults with colleagues to identify appropriate titles for promotion in vendor coop agreements. Manages the title nomination process, submits all necessary files and ancillary materials, and monitors compliance.
• Responsible for the creation and maintenance of supplemental books content, as well as content updates and functionality enhancements for the informational web pages for the books division and online references. Ensures accuracy and quality of all book-related content on the JHUP website, including copy, prices, covers, and related promotional material.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• 3 years of experience in the publishing industry, preferably in marketing;or equivalent professional experience in marketing communications.
• Requires excellent marketing production and analytical skills, including web content managements systems, proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, and experience working with database software, like FilemakerPro.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines. The successful candidate must be able to establish priorities among multiple projects; manage the collection, assimilation, and dissemination of information from a variety of sources; and maintain records that enable the marketing department to evaluate the success of various campaigns.
• The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a team environment. The candidate will have frequent interaction with peer and senior staff in the marketing department and other departments at the Press. The successful candidate must be able to consider and implement appropriately input from editors, authors, and marketing peers, and negotiate final decisions with tact and diplomacy.
• The candidate will need to maintain effective professional relationships with vendors.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Promotions-Coordinator-MD-21218/470394400/
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency