School Partnerships Manager
686 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY, United States, 11217
Overview: The School Partnerships Manager chooses, plans, directs, and develops sales opportunities related to schools, including book fairs, author visits, conferences, and bulk sales. The School Partnerships Manager is the point person for all school related sales requests, determines details and logistics for events, and handles book purchasing and shipping, to the school or venue. The School Partnerships Manager works with schools to create curated book fairs, establishing contracts and best practices with schools, and administering book fairs using Basil, our point of sale system. Author visits to schools are arranged with author or publisher, contracted with school, promoted ahead of time, and administered on the day of the event by the School Partnerships Manager. As a manager, the School Partnerships Manager trains and directs offsite staff for staffing book fairs and author visits. This job also involves emphasis on outreach and relationship development of schools, for future sales and event potential. All of Greenlight’s store managers work together as a team, and so the School Partnerships Manager will work closely and collaboratively with Greenlight’s team of managers on hiring/staffing, scheduling, inventory (receiving, transferring, processing) and customer service.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work under pressure and problem solve on the fly
- Willingness to work autonomously but also be part of a team
- Ability to lift 30 pounds or more
- Availability to work flexible hours
Summary of responsibilities:
- Manage school book fairs: scheduling, marketing, creating title lists, ordering books, packing books, ringing through sales
- Manage school author visits: scheduling, marketing, managing student orders, ordering books, packing books, coordinating the visit, ringing through sales
- Coordinate with scheduling manager to schedule staffing and manage staff training for all school related offsite events
- Directly supervise staff working on school events
- Maintain records, reporting, and sales analysis for all school events
- Coordinate transportation of inventory to/from large-scale events
- Manage offsite store inventory in Basil
- Work to maintain all offsite hardware (iPads, Square readers, etc.) and address ongoing Basil issues
- Create or direct creation of order forms, signage, etc. using InDesign; create or direct creation of web pages for events on Greenlight’s website
- Outreach, development, and relationships management of relationships with schools
- Schedule in-store fundraisers and coordinate their operation with sales floor staff
- Handle school donation requests
- Work closely with a team of managers and staff spread across all of Greenlight’s stores
Prerequisites: 2 – 4 years related experience. Interest and aptitude for handling large-scale logistics and details
Direct Supervisor: General Manager, Owners
Schedule: Average 40 hours per week, divided between administrative/office time and occasional staffing of major events.
Compensation: This is a salaried position; compensation commensurate with experience.
About Greenlight Bookstore:
Founded in October 2009, Greenlight Bookstore is a general independent bookstore with two store locations in the heart of Brooklyn. Through knowledgeable staff, curated book selection, community partnerships, exciting events, and a robust e-commerce website as well as beautiful bookstore spaces on Fulton Street and Flatbush Avenue, Greenlight combines the best traditions of the neighborhood bookstore with a forward-looking sensibility. More at www.greenlightbookstore.com.