Stationery Store Manager & Buyer
686 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY, United States, 11217
The Stationery Store Manager & Buyer will run the day to day operations of a new gift shop next to Greenlight Bookstore in Fort Greene, Brooklyn. This includes but is not limited to management of staff, merchandising, sales, and working closely with the Buying Team on curation of new inventory, management of existing inventory and replenishment of ongoing inventory. The Stationery Store Manager & Buyer will attend regional/seasonal trade shows as necessary, will work with vendors on custom products, and maintain working relationships with our active vendors and sales reps. The Stationery Store Manager & Buyer will work in the Stationery Store but will be cross trained in the bookstore and may be involved in curating Stationery for the bookstore as well, as time permits. All of Greenlight’s store managers work together as a team, and so the Stationery Store Manager & Buyer will work closely and collaboratively with Greenlight’s team of managers on hiring/staffing, scheduling, inventory (receiving, transferring, processing) and customer service.
- Must have
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work under pressure and problem solve on the fly
- Willingness to work autonomously but also be part of a team
- Ability to lift 30 pounds or more
- Availability to work flexible hours
Summary of responsibilities:
- Manage day to day sales floor operations of the gift and Stationery shop
- Directly supervise staff when working in the Stationery store
- Sales analysis of merchandise and product lines
- Manage Stationery store inventory in Basil (our POS/Inventory system)
- Work to maintain all computer hardware in the Stationery store (iPads, Square readers, etc.) and address ongoing Basil issues
- Assist in the development of customized merchandise
- Manage vendor relationships
- Grow sales in the Stationery store
- Work closely with a team of managers and staff spread out across all of Greenlight’s stores
Prerequisites: 2 – 4 years related experience. Retail buying experience preferred.
Direct Supervisor: General Manager, Owners, Head Buyer
Schedule: Average 40 hours per week
Compensation: This is a salaried position; compensation commensurate with experience.
About Greenlight Bookstore:
Founded in October 2009, Greenlight Bookstore is a general independent bookstore with two store locations in the heart of Brooklyn. Through knowledgeable staff, curated book selection, community partnerships, exciting events, and a robust e-commerce website as well as beautiful bookstore spaces on Fulton Street and Flatbush Avenue, Greenlight combines the best traditions of the neighborhood bookstore with a forward-looking sensibility. More at www.greenlightbookstore.com.