1400 Broadway, Ste 520, New York, NY, United States, 10018
Ingram Content Group (ICG) has an exciting opportunity for a Sales Assistant to join our International Sales team in New York. This versatile individual will provide sales and administrative support to the IPS International Sales & Marketing team, commission representatives, and VP of International Sales. Working with team members and distribution partners from across the globe, and occasionally liaising with client publishers across all our distribution brands (Two Rivers; Ingram Academic; PGW; Consortium; IPS), this position is an excellent opportunity to learn about the business side of global book sales, marketing, and distribution.
- Responds to inquiries from key accounts and international commission representatives; includes providing title and rights information, sales materials, and sales reports.
- Assists with creation of sales and marketing tools including seasonal presentations, sell sheets, order forms, and newsletters.
- Prepares and ships sales kits for international sales trips and book fairs.
- Runs daily, monthly and ad hoc sales reports.
- Manages distribution of sales materials and samples to commission representatives, UK office, and key accounts.
- Maintains international customer database and customer mailing lists.
- Executes catalog mailings for commission representatives and export accounts.
- Collects sales projections from sales managers and updates sales tracker system.
- Coordinates active title list for commission representatives, distribution partners, and marketing on a monthly basis.
- Coordinates team schedules and calendars for book fairs and sales trips.
- Assists VP of International Sales and provides general departmental administrative support as needed.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Interest in book publishing and/or international sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a deadline driven environment
Minimum Preferred Qualifications
We would like our talented associate for this role to have at least these minimum skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or year-for-year related experience
We’d be excited to hear if you also have the following experience:
- Publishing industry experience
- Proficient with Excel, to include pivot tables, formulas and V-lookups
- Experience with MS Office suite
- Experience working in an internship or administrative role within an office environment
About Ingram Content Group:
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
We participate in EVerify.