4720 Walnut St, Boulder, CO, United States, 80301
As the marketer for Shambhala Publications (and our imprints Snow Lion and Bala Kids), your mission will be to broaden the reach and recognition of our brand by building and executing awareness campaigns on the web, in person, and in print.
You will be responsible for growing our direct to consumer outreach through email newsletter marketing and lead generation campaigns, maintaining our Facebook and Instagram accounts, and creating content and metadata for our website. You will interact with our authors, advising them on best practices for their platforms, providing them with promotional materials, and guiding them through the publishing process. Externally, you will form relationships with partner organizations, affiliates, booksellers and librarians, and academics and build up a contact list to be in regular communication. Internally, you will work collaboratively with your publicity and sales counterparts, with editorial staff, and with production & design staff and freelancers.
- Collaborate with your sales, marketing & publicity counterparts, editorial team, authors, and Shambhala Publications staff to create and implement unique and engaging marketing plans, including direct to consumer and trade outreach.
- Write copy for and design 3-5 emails per week (New title releases, thematic promotions, seasonal sales, etc), including tracking and reporting on campaign metrics.
- Manage the Shambhala Facebook and Instagram pages, including organic posts, paid advertising, lead generation campaigns, giveaways, and responding to follower queries and comments.
- Curate content for the website, including blog posts, excerpts, reader’s guides, thematic promotions, etc. Update product and category metadata on website. Keep homepage refreshed monthly. Ensure site is following SEO best practices.
- Write copy for print ads and work with freelance designer to ensure house style aesthetic guidelines are adhered to.
- Work with freelance designer to develop promotional materials including postcards, flyers, sell-sheets, ads, catalogs, etc
- Pursue and develop relationships with related organizations such as dharma centers, yoga studios, retreat centers, health and wellness brands, etc
- Occasional local travel for author events, festivals, trade shows, trainings, etc.
- 1-5 years in a bookselling or book publishing role
- Demonstrated knowledge of or curiosity about world religions and philosophy, particularly Eastern wisdom traditions including Tibetan Buddhism, Zen, and Taoism.
- Writing, social media, email newsletter marketing, strategic partnerships, presentation skills, design skills, lead generation
- Adept at Office 365, Excel, Photoshop, Adobe, email service provider platforms (Bronto preferred), ecommerce platforms (Magento preferred). Basic knowledge of InDesign and HTML/CSS.
This position will be based on our Boulder, Colorado office. Remote candidates will not be considered; relocation assistance can be provided for a qualified candidate.
Please send your cover letter and resume to KJ Grow, VP Sales & Marketing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be received until August 1; interviews will begin late June/early July.
About Shambhala Publications:
Shambhala Publications has been a family-owned book publisher since 1969, and is the leading small publisher of books on Buddhism, Religion & Philosophy, Mindfulness & Meditation, Psychology, Health and more. We offer generous benefits including 401k match, health care including dental and vision, summer hours, and free yoga and meditation classes in our office. Compensation and title commensurate with experience.