Children's Department Assistant Manager at Quail Ridge Books
4209-100 Lassiter Mill Road, Raleigh, NC, United States, 27609
Quail Ridge Books is an equal opportunity employer seeking an Assistant Manager for our children's department. This position requires someone with a background in children's books, someone who enjoys sales, enjoys working with children and adults, reads reviews, has good-writing and editing skills, is proficient with computer programs and social media platforms, and is willing to multi-task.
Duties would include but not be limited to:
- Hand-selling on the sales floor while modeling excellent customer service and warm hospitality.
- Handle children's and teen events, including submitting event proposals, coordinating with manager on author selection, liaising with publicists and/or authors on event details, coordinating with publicity team, maintaining current fliers and displays, overseeing events in store.
- Write children's department weekly email newsletter, contribute to Quail's Quill.
- Manage social media for the children's department.
- Collaborate with manager on training, scheduling, staff meetings, and staff evaluations.
- Oversee keeping department attractive with up-to-date displays
- Assist with ordering as needed, including entering orders into our system.
- Excellent customer service and hand-selling skills.
- Strong background in and knowledge of children's and YA literature.
- Reads widely and communicates enthusiasm for books.
- Strong writing skills.
- High proficiency with social media platforms.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks in a constantly shifting
- Creative problem solving self-starter; able to work with minimal supervision.
- Some nights and weekends required; hours and daily schedule will vary.
About Quail Ridge Books:
QRB is an award-winning, independent bookstore serving Raleigh, North Carolina for 33 years. Our mission at Quail Ridge Books is to promote literacy, to encourage the lifelong enjoyment of reading, and to foster the contribution that books can make to a life rich in both mind and spirit. We seek to conduct our business in a way that nourishes readers, writers, our fellow staff members and our community, and that sustains the store profitably.