2660 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI, United States, 49512
Responsible to develop, manage, and evaluate brand management, and marketing initiatives. Review real-time analytics and reoccurring reports, report to the Core Management Group, and recommend changes to the Marketing Department based on results. Position based out of Grand Rapids, MI. No remote candidates please.
Goal: Build traffic and sales through marketing events and brand management.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Develop, create, and coordinate content items that build off of the overall company marketing and/or brand strategy.
- Assist in the development, implementation, tracking and optimization of the company's marketing campaigns across all platforms.
- Work with and educate internal departments (i.e. Marketing, Operations, Sidelines, Café, etc.) on marketing initiatives in order to conceptualize and execute effective campaigns.
- Ensure projects are executed in a consistent and timely manner and within project scope.
- Review and analyze reports to identify areas of opportunity, and propose campaign changes. Present performance results as requested.
- Provide floor staff, and store management training, guidance, and direction around marketing initiatives.
- Prepare and distribute a weekly marketing highlights report to communicate how time was spent, and the result of that time.
- Conduct audits of retail stores’ marketing presence to ensure brand integrity.
- Participate in weekly marketing brainstorm meetings to support company marketing strategies.
- Maintain current knowledge of social media trends, best practices, and technologies; make recommendations to improve current programs and processes.
- Create, orchestrate and execute dynamic integrated publicity and marketing campaigns for all store initiatives.
- Strategize and execute a variety of marketing and publicity tactics to reach the target consumer audience for our various markets.
- Nurture relationships with key media to maximize coverage for Schuler Books.
- Manage media contact lists to ensure that all marketing campaigns are well-planned, trackable, and organized.
- Create press materials including news releases, ads, publisher publicity, and press kit materials.
- Work with Graphic Designer to prioritize projects.
- Manage and closely collaborate with the Marketing Department Team, and Core Management Group to execute:
- Marketing initiatives, brand management, and advertising.
- Author Event support and promotion
- Social media content and advertising
- Company website
- Trade show participation and logistics
Knowledge, Skills Abilities
- Strong understanding of social media practices and principles.
- Ability to be comfortable being a visible part of an online, and instore brand.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact and influence customers and associates at various levels throughout the organization.
- Knowledge of marketing evaluation tools/practices, and photo editing software.
- Demonstrated ability to execute effective marketing initiatives.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing work environment. Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Proactive professional who is driven to set and exceed aggressive, quantifiable goals.
- Fluent in media relations, online marketing, and social media.
- Creative thinker who works with energy and urgency and also attention to detail.
- Experience in developing marketing strategy and executing innovative and successful tactics, including digital platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal relationships and communications ability across all mediums
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively under deadline pressure
- Ability to lead and develop colleagues in the Marketing Group
This position is based out of Grand Rapids, MI but Strategic Marketing Coordinator will be required to travel to our various store locations regularly to understand each market. While performing the duties of this position, the Strategic Marketing Coordinator is expected to work in a typical office environment much of the time. It is acknowledged that some work will be performed outside of the office. All work time outside of the office needs to be approved by the Core Management Group prior to the change in schedule.
The Strategic Marketing Coordinator will be provided with a work station in the office that contains a computer, phone, and other typical office equipment.
About Schuler Books:
Schuler Books first opened in Grand Rapids in 1982, and expanded to Schuler Books & Music (with gourmet café) in 1995. A second Schuler Books opened in Okemos in 1990. After several expansions, the Okemos store relocated in 2001 and added music. In 2015 we acquired a sister store in Ann Arbor, Nicola’s Books. In all locations, we have enjoyed an excellent reputation. We believe that our success lies in our focus on an extensive, quality inventory, a firm belief in complete customer service, and a knowledgeable, well-trained staff.
One of the fine aspects of book selling is that our clientele is usually bright, alert and conversant. Our approach to our customers, in the way we treat them, the way we select and merchandise inventory, and the selection of our staff, assumes these qualities.