Communication & Marketing Coordinator
3135 So. State St., Suite 203, Ann Arbor, MI, United States, 48108
Key functions and responsibilities include: website analytics and content, social media content, monitoring and research, public relations and general external communication including newsletters and e-blasts, writing and editing needed communications, graphic design for social media, website and newsletter use, donor communication, member of the development and communication committee, and represents and promotes the Binc Foundation within the industry and community.
- Website analytics - Research, define the most important areas to track and develop a plan for using the results to improve future outcomes.
- SEO - Update and define the most effective ways to improve SEO.
- Google AdWords - Oversee the addition and expansion of the use of ads.
- Website content updates - Edit/update content on all pages and the blog to highlight current events or changes at the Foundation. Maintain an engaging, accurate and technologically current site. Ensure plug-ins are operating optimally.
- Run regular content backups and software updates.
- Coordinate a blogger group to create a schedule and allow to post fresh content weekly.
- Monitor Social Media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo) post appropriate and timely content, respond to comments if necessary and expand community accordingly.
- Remain current on social media use, current apps and propose and use appropriate tools as they evolve.
- Research, define the most important social media analytics to track and use the results to increase follows/likes and influence.
- Create and help maintain social media posting schedule.
General Awareness and Communication
- Write and publish Binc Linc Newsletter.
- Create communication plans for various events, announcements, and fundraising activities and monitor the progress of each plan.
- Create and maintain scholarship communications (press releases, bios documentation, info spreadsheet.)
- Write and send press releases (i.e. new BOD members, events, milestones, scholarship)
- Create and maintain Wikipedia, GuideStar, and other public database entries.
- Support other staff in creating and maintaining regular communication to stores (thank you and follow up e-mails)
- Assist with donor outreach communication and end-of-year appeal communication.
- Support fundraising event communication.
- Serve as a member of the development and communication committee. And take minutes at various Foundation meetings as assigned.
- Potential travel to national and regional industry meetings as a representative of the Foundation.
- Create both digital and traditional promotional materials and distribute through various channels to stores, industry partners, and the general public.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound judgment used for problem analysis, problem resolutions and assessment.
- Strong ability for planning and organizing, setting daily, weekly and monthly priorities and overall effective time management.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy. Proven editorial skills.
- High degree of comfort in working independently, taking the initiative to solve problems, seek out needed information, ask questions when necessary and move projects to completion.
- Commitment to the Foundation’s mission.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize according to changing organizational needs.
- Adaptability and comfort with jumping in to help out where needed to accomplish Foundation goals and priorities.
- Preference for a collaborative work environment and achieving goals through teamwork.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, email, social media and audio and video editing.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Must be able to travel by car, plane and other modes of transportation, domestically
- Must be able to sit and a computer or desk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone and for repetitive motion activities
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with or without an assistive device
Education and Experience:
- High school or equivalent diploma. Preferred – communication degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge of website management including maintaining the site content, SEO and preferred experience with Google analytics
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of editorial practices and principles.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and effective use of various platforms for the Foundation’s purpose.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required. WordPress, MailChimp, Canva, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram preferred. Salesforce and Adobe Suite highly desired.
About Binc Foundation:
The Book Industry Charitable Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that coordinates charitable programs to strengthen the bookselling community. Established in 1996, the core program provides assistance to bookstore employees who have a demonstrated financial need arising from severe hardship and/or emergency circumstances.
Since its inception, the organization has provided over $6 million in financial assistance and scholarships to more than 7,100 families. Support for the Foundation’s programs and services come from all sectors of the book industry. The Book Industry Charitable Foundation’s mission is to strengthen the bookselling community through charitable programs that support employees and their families. The Foundation was imagined and built by booksellers and proudly continues to be their safety net. It is our vision to be a caring community of book people. Additional information can be found at http://www.bincfoundation.org.