Field Sales Representative
420 Wando Park Blvd., Mt. Pleasant, SC, United States, 29464
Arcadia Publishing is seeking a remote Field Sales Representative in the Detroit-Metro, Chicago-Metro, Denver-Metro or Charlotte, NC area to contribute to the achievement of independent sales targets within a specified region by selling Arcadia Publishing and History Press titles to a range of independent retail accounts and other entities that are both new and existing clients. Candidates within 45 miles from any major hub airport would also be considered.
- Sell frontlist and backlist titles directly to a range of retail sales channels in the field and via telephone and email to meet or exceed sales targets within a specified region
- Work collaboratively with an office-based Sales Specialist to maximize regional independent sales
- Maintain productive relationships with current customers and prospect for new customers
- Communicate effectively with Sales and Marketing department staff to develop and implement independent sales strategies for frontlist and backlist titles
- Produce regular reports on field sales activities; communicate related details to and provide analysis for the Independent Sales Manager
- Contribute to regular regional independent sales team meetings
- Contribute to the evaluation of the independent sales potential of new title proposals
- Provide merchandising support for all titles at select retailers as necessary
- Identify marketing opportunities for frontlist and backlist titles and provide related information to marketing staff for follow up
- Implement special offers and other initiatives aimed at driving sales to independent retail outlets
- Extensive travel to assigned territory to drive sales and attend trade shows.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency/knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Order processing systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software, Word Processing software, Book Master, and Microsoft CRM
- A valid driver’s license and current insurance
- Must have strong sales skills and be an excellent communicator
Please email a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com, with “Field Sales Rep Position” in the subject line.
About Arcadia Publishing:
Arcadia Publishing is the leading publisher of local and regional books in the United States with a library of more than 14,000 titles. Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, it publishes a combined 500 books each year. By empowering history and culture enthusiasts to write local stories for local audiences, it creates exceptional books that are relevant on a local and personal level, enrich lives, and bring readers close to their community, their neighbors and their past.
Links to recent press coverage