Assistant Buyer, Trade Books (General Reading)
120 Mountain View Blvd, Basking Ridge, NJ, United States, 07920
JOB TITLE: Assistant Buyer, Trade Books
REPORTS TO: Buyer, Trade Books
- Trade Book Buyers
- Home Office Partners, e.g. Consumer Marketing, Store Ops.
- Publisher/Vendor Partners
- Field Regional Management
- Store Trade Book Managers
Assist the Trade Book Buyer and work with various Home Office Partners, Field Management, and Store Management to achieve departmental sales and inventory goals and improve turn, profit and service.
Key areas of responsibilities include category support, marketing, promotional ordering, and store support. Develop fluency in IMM/IM2 (inventory software) and Microsoft Office tools.
- Manage inventory via modeling, returns, strategy review and adjusting store alpha levels
- Assist with the annual Back-to-School Reference and Language Learning program
- Run Department Sales (DSR) reporting for category and store review
Marketing and Promotions
- Collect, analyze, and summarize promotional sales and category trends in both Bookmaster and Non-Bookmaster stores
- Prepare and distribute the weekly National Campus Bestseller List
- Manage publisher co-op process to ensure the department is maximizing revenue opportunities.
- Create and implement Trade Book promotions via ePlanner
- Place promotional and holiday orders as needed
- Provide support to publisher sales reps to ensure the appointments run smoothly
- Assist Buyers with special projects and additional responsibilities as required
- Complies at all times with the Standards, policies and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics set out in the Employee Handbook
- Has a passion for books
- Minimum one year of retail buying experience preferred
- Some trade book experience is preferred, but not required
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Superior organization, attention to detail, and analytical skills
- Self-starter who works well in a team environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
Barnes & Noble Education is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.