Marketing Manager, Little, Brown
1290 6th Avenue, New York, NY, United States, 10104
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for creating and implementing marketing campaigns for Little, Brown titles, with an emphasis on non-fiction subjects, under the direction of the Little, Brown Marketing Director. The position will need to adapt to a continually evolving environment, help drive continuous improvement and thrive in a results oriented workplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work on key marketing campaigns each season as needed and ensure that author and publisher objectives are met.
• Work with key stakeholders (editorial, sales, art, and advertising & promotion) during the planning phase to ensure that there are cohesive and strategic marketing efforts made for each title.
• Ensure that marketing efforts directly engage readers and build customer retention and loyalty.
• Work with marketing director on fact sheets, catalog copy, flap copy, and other written promotion materials.
• Collect and generate art, copy, and other materials for brochures and sell sheets.
• Communicate with the sales department about status of jackets, titles, and other changes.
• Work with authors, sales, publicity, and others to coordinate creation of author videos for multiple purposes.
• Facilitate creation of book sites and author web sites.
• Work closely with the publicity and online marketing teams to develop comprehensive online strategies for our books and authors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Minimum of 3 years of progressive marketing experience with relevant experience in non-fiction categories including cooking, history, current affairs, and more. Fiction experience a plus.
• Results-oriented, motivated, resourceful & able to work independently.
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings regardless of audience.
• Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed.
• Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail.