Marketing Manager, Tor
175 5th Avenue, New York, NY, United States, 10010
Plan and execute marketing campaigns for Tor titles.
• Develop per title marketing plans, including digital strategies
• Work closely with publicity, digital, and ad/promo to ensure coordinated strategies
• Follow marketing trends and ensure new opportunities are maximized
• Create and execute marketing plans, monitoring pre and post sales and adjusting campaigns as necessary
• Collaborate with sales force to determine assets needed to maximize sales efforts
• Write copy for advertising and promotional items
• Determine the number of galleys necessary and decide distributions
• Create mailings for bookstores and industry big mouths
• Lead Tor Digital Content Team
• Organize blog content for titles and writes social media posts
• Responsible for Tor Digital Content Team
• Run AMS, Facebook and other social media campaigns
• Implement and supervise creation of websites and landing pages
• Provide written details of marketing campaigns for pitches, marketing launches, and internal and external presentations
• Track marketing expenses and ensure budgets are maintained
• Prepare meeting PowerPoint presentations
• Provide analysis and report on marketing initiatives results and share data and feedback when appropriate
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Organized, enthusiastic, creative, work collaboratively with others across multiple groups, a problem solver, deadline oriented and work well under pressure
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Supervisory skills- this candidate will supervisor a marketing assistant
• Minimum 3 years publishing marketing experience
Educational Background Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC