Marketing Manager, Macmillan Children's
175 5th Avenue, New York, NY, United States, 10010
Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group seeks a Marketing Manager to develop and implement innovative marketing campaigns for books across all ages, imprints, and formats, including picture books, middle grade and young adult fiction and nonfiction, graphic novels, and more. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Manager will work closely with the entire Marketing and Publicity team and play a critical role in the success of Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group’s lineup of bestselling and award-winning titles and authors. This role requires experience in presenting marketing plans and strategies, both internally to sales and editorial and externally to authors and agents. The ideal candidate will be forward-thinking, collaborative, and able to create marketing strategies using current and creative approaches.
• Serve as lead marketer and point of contact for publisher, editors, authors, and sales team for selected titles and group campaigns
• Develop and execute marketing campaigns for titles from picture books through young adult, working closely with the Publicity, Ad/Promo, and School & Library Marketing teams
• Present marketing campaigns to Sales and Editorial on a regular basis
• Communicate marketing plans to Authors and Agents for selected titles
• Manage the creation of title-specific marketing materials from start to finish, including writing copy, collaborating with the Ad/Promo and design team, and coordinating production
• Create social media campaigns for assigned titles, including providing authors with content schedules, writing copy for MCPG social channels, and designing assets for posts
• Maintain budget for assigned titles
• Support the Director of Marketing with high-profile titles and authors
• Staff consumer and trade conferences and conventions
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Possess a keen understanding of book marketing, specifically in the children’s literature space
• Strong communication, organization, and writing skills
• Excellent presentation skills, with experience presenting to large groups
• Working knowledge of digital marketing and social media
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Fluency in Microsoft Office products
• Some travel required
• Five years of experience in book publishing with a preference given to candidates with children’s and teen book experience
Educational Background Required:
• College degree required
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC