Assistant Book Buyer
7812 Girard Ave , La Jolla, CA, United States, 92037
Job Title: Assistant Book Buyer
Reports to: Head Book Buyer
- Assist Head Book Buyer and work with store management and publishing partners to manage departmental sales, inventory goals, improve turn, profit and service.
- Assist Head Book Buyer with frontlist and backlist purchasing.
- Meet with sales representatives to purchase specific categories or publishers.
- Assist with daily restock orders, weekly & seasonal backlist orders, in-store author event orders, offsites & other special events requiring book sales.
- Track & manage purchase orders, returns & other related functions, including follow up with sales reps or vendors.
- Assist with coop—filing & following up on claims.
- Work with buyers, events director, marketing coordinator and booksellers on inventory & product related issues.
- Coordinate with buyers and sales representatives on merchandising, seasonal displays & other promotional opportunities.
- Help manage B2B orders.
- Become proficient with ibidie pos system and edelweiss.
- Work the floor as needed & be available to answer questions & phones, or staff events & offsites.
- Assist with special projects & additional responsibilities as required.
- Minimum of 2 years bookstore experience, preferably in a buying capacity.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize.
- Self-starter who works well with others.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
Warwick's is an independent, family-owned, fourth generation business.