Director - Social Media, Little, Brown
1290 6th Avenue, New York, NY, United States, 10104
Little, Brown is seeking a creative and driven digital marketer/social media expert with 7-10 years of experience, preferably in trade publishing.
About us: For 179 years, Little, Brown and Company has thrived by publishing writers whose genius and artistry have changed the world. Works ranging from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott and the poetry of Emily Dickinson to Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace and The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt, are the cornerstone of our publishing mission: to connect readers with the writers whose work will entertain, enthrall, inspire and enlighten.
The right candidate will be passionate about using social media and marketing to maximize sales and engagement for our authors and their books, as well as helping new readers discover great authors.
Key skills and experience:
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Strong experience with all social media platforms.
* Experience creating and executing highly successful social media campaigns, increasing followers, subscribers, and engagement
* Creating and executing creative and selling marketing campaigns for new and existing authors
* Managing Little, Brown and author websites
* Creating and selling backlist promotions
* eNewsletter creation and subscription growth
* Creating and optimizing social media advertising
In addition to the key social and digital media responsibilities, this person may also create and execute marketing plans for a few key titles, and year-round marketing for a few, major house authors. Responsibilities include:
• Shareable graphics; ENewsletter placement; Goodreads giveaways; placement of excerpts or original pieces on Medium; mailings to bloggers/book clubs; promotions on Little, Brown social media; website creation; create/commission video assets; coordination of social media promotions with outside organizations; run Twitter or Facebook chats, sweepstakes, and pre-order campaigns.
• Coach authors on their social media presence, and create social media plans.
• Create and optimize social media ads (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
• For key house authors, this person will create year-round campaigns that both promote new releases and drive sales through engagement and pre-order campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of broad marketing experience, preferably in book publishing, including experience strategizing and executing highly successful title-based and list-wide campaigns
- 7+ expert level work with all social media platforms
- Interest, expertise, and engagement in the book publishing community
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects and work flexibly and quickly
- Ability to use excellent judgment, particularly in narrow time frames
- Commitment and dedication to achieving individual and team
- Painstaking attention to important details
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage and problem solve any challenges that arise
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment