Scan-Based Trading Sales Specialist
420 Wando Park Blvd., Mt. Pleasant, SC, United States, 29464
Arcadia Publishing is seeking a full-time Scan-Based Trading Sales Specialist team member for its Mount Pleasant, SC headquarters.
Summary of position:
The Sales Support team is responsible for a wide range of administrative and financial support functions, with the Scan-Based Trading Sales Specialist position providing project management specifically for our scan-based trading (SBT) partners. Previous management experience preferred and print media retail and/or publishing experience required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Scan-based trading partners are those into which we routinely place our publisher-owned books to sell, refreshing their assortments periodically. The Scan-Based Trading Sales Specialist is the primary contact for these accounts as well as for the third parties who provide logistical support for this business model. This position also manages at least one other member of the team, while providing additional, general support to the department as necessary.
- Manages at least one Scan-Based Trading Sales Support position
- Ensures supply chain efficiency
- Provides customer service to and project management for all SBT accountsOther Sales Support duties as assigned
- Monitors and troubleshoots merchandiser activity
- Monitors and troubleshoots stock and display status
- QC’s replenishment shipments and returns
- Implements item assortment refresh exercises
- Collaborates with other team members and other departments regarding SBT business development and logistics
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proficiency with computers, especially MS office (high-level Excel skills are essential)
Excellent typing skills; Knowledge of 10-key data entry preferred
No travel required
About Arcadia Publishing:
Arcadia Publishing is the leading publisher of local and regional books in the United States with a library of more than 14,000 titles. Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, it publishes a combined 500 books each year. By empowering history and culture enthusiasts to write local stories for local audiences, it creates exceptional books that are relevant on a local and personal level, enrich lives, and bring readers close to their community, their neighbors and their past.
Links to recent press coverage: