International Sales Specialist
1400 Broadway, Ste 520, New York, NY, United States, 10018
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is currently recruiting for an International Sales Specialist to join our International Sales team in New York. This individual will be responsible for selling front and backlist titles from publishers across all our distribution brands (Two Rivers; Ingram Academic; Publishers Group West (PGW); Consortium; Ingram Publisher Services (IPS)) in Latin America, The Caribbean, the Middle East and North Africa. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, will have the ability to travel internationally, and strong Spanish communication skills (oral and written).
- Communicates daily with established and prospective customers with the purpose of developing interest, selling books, answering queries and solving issues.
- Maximizes sales growth by reviewing, securing, and renewing orders.
- Achieves budgeted sales goals in assigned territory.
- Works with the Inventory, Credit Control and Customer Service departments on all matters related to shipping and delivery for customer base.
- Analyzes sales data as it pertains to budgets, forecasting and creating strategies to grow presence in the markets.
- Creates and develops publishing program for sales markets, especially for Latin America.
- Fosters relationships with client publishers especially those that are only represented in single territories.
- Stays current on new titles, trends and other general information for customers.
- Maintains regular communication regarding market information to client publishers and sales management.
- Keeps records, creates monthly account forecasts, and runs reports on all phases of sales activity for the Manager, International Sales.
- Presents updates on sales in assigned territories to executives and other stakeholders.
- Travel (25% of the year)Travel to international book fairs (BEA and Guadalajara)Travel to company sales conferences (1- 2 times per season)
Minimum Preferred Qualifications
We would like our talented associate for this role to have at least these minimum skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or directly related year for year experience
- 2 years of sales experience in the book industry
We’d be excited to hear if you also have the following experience:
- Experience with speaking Spanish or Portuguese
About Ingram Content Group:
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
We participate in EVerify.