Associate Marketing Manager
557 Broadway, New York, NY, United States, 10012
Scholastic’s middle grade publishing list is incredibly strong, and we are looking for a creative, smart, and motivated associate marketing manager to create and execute plans that promote our books to their best advantage!
The Associate Marketing Manager position will provide an opportunity for a junior marketer to take the next step in their career and to own, craft and manage full consumer, retail, digital, and social media marketing campaigns.
• Brainstorm, write, and execute marketing plans for middle grade titles and series
• Oversee the creation of promotional materials, advertisements, videos, social media, websites, and all marketing assets related to assigned titles
• Maintain awareness of the book market and suggest new and innovative ways to market titles to kids, parents, and booksellers
• Analyze sales data and analytics from advertising campaigns to suggest best placements
• Write copy for creative jobs including advertisements, social media, and website content
• Strategize and follow-up on online presence for key titles, including websites and social media campaigns
• Communicate marketing updates to sales, editorial, cross-channel partners, agents, and authors as needed
HOW YOU CAN FIT
• 3-5 years’ of marketing experience preferred
• College degree
• Cover letter must accompany resume
• Experience in publishing field and/or marketing a plus
• Experience developing social media and digital content
• Understanding of social media and digital analytics
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and indesign. Knowledge of video editing a bonus.
• Knowledge of various computer systems: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Proactive and accountable
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented
• Good, consistent follow-through
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of core literacy curriculum and professional services, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, classroom magazines and other products and services that support children's learning both in school and at home. With operations in 14 international offices and exports to 165 countries, Scholastic makes quality, affordable books available to all children around the world through school-based book clubs and book fairs, classroom collections, school and public libraries, retail and online. True to its mission of 97 years to encourage the personal and intellectual growth of all children beginning with literacy, the Company has earned a reputation as a trusted partner to educators and families. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
• 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
• Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.