Vice President Sales, Books
1970 Broad Street, East Petersburg, PA, United States, 17520
Fox Chapel Publishing is accepting applications for the position of Sales Vice President, reporting to the COO.
As part of the executive team, the Sales VP will responsible to lead the development and execution of strategic sales initiatives supporting the company’s overall publication plans with expansion into key specialty interests markets and channels.
- Collaborate with executive team to develop a top-level down sales strategy supporting company’s new titles release program and mission.
- Develop and implement backlist sales strategy.
- Identify, recruit and develop a leading team of best in class sales professionals, driven to fulfill the company’s vision, exceed goals, creating new business opportunities.
- You will responsible to develop and circulate weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports to the senior team, providing insight into opportunities and challenges.
- Directly oversee day to day strategic planning for key accounts and distributors, identifying opportunities and account specific solutions to challenges.
- Work closely with Account Managers to develop key account strategies, attending face to face meetings and conferences.
- Work closely with Account Mangers to develop bottom up annual forecast plans and reforecasting process for Key Accounts and Distributors.
- Monitor industry and competitive trends to quickly identify sales opportunities for potential new title/product introductions as well as company’s robust backlist program.
- Oversee Biannual Sales Conference.
- Must bring 10 plus years senior level sales management experience in the book trade to the position.
- Must demonstrate the ability to think strategically on all levels with the ability to analyze and evaluate account level opportunities.
- Experience managing large Distributors, making presentations, directing meetings and process.
- Attend key industry trade shows, overseeing sales team objectives, key meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and develop data driven sales strategies.
- Proven track record of new key account development and management.
- A thorough understanding of the book trade.
- High level of expertise with Excel
About Fox Chapel Publshing:
Founded in 1991, Fox Chapel Publishing specializes in non-fiction, illustrated publications for specialty interest markets including Art, Craft, Pet, Home & Garden, Wood Working and Lifestyle. The company is also expanding into new categories including Children’s books, Gift formats and products.