Trade Marketing Associate
124 Linden Street, Oakland, CA, United States, 94607
This role is part of the Americas Trade Sales Team and will support Lonely Planet’s growth in the school, library and retail sales channels. Under the leadership of the Sr. Manager of National Accounts and Trade Marketing, and in concert with the Trade Publicity Associate, this position helps create digital resources and marketing collateral for the trade sales team that accurately reflect the brand and are aligned with global marketing campaigns. The role also works closely with the Lonely Planet Kids publishing team to drive awareness of the LPK print and digital products.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- With the Sr. Manager of National Accounts and Trade Marketing, developing and executing marketing plans.
- Creating design briefs and distributing finished promotional materials.
- Promoting audience engagement in-person and through email or other outreach.
- Coordinating tradeshow appearances, including staff, booth, schedule and related materials.
- Distributing information about new titles, series and products to sales team.
- Maintenance of sales materials spreadsheet; communication with production team to create materials.
- Maintenance of school/library database.
- Seasonal catalog mailing.
- With the Trade Publicity Associate, submitting for book awards and communication with relevant trade publishing organizations.
- Submission of books for Amazon Vine program.
- Submission of promotional content for online retailers, including Amazon Search Inside and A+ Content.
Teamwork & Communication
- Work as part of the LP community to create a positive, tolerant and harmonious work environment.
- Deal with all staff in a helpful, courteous and respectful manner.
- Communicate ideas which may improve the efficiency, performance or standards of your department and be open to the consideration of new ideas.
- Actively participate in the giving and receiving of constructive feedback to ensure understanding and open team relationships.
Policies & Procedures
- Actively ensure that the workplace is kept free from harassment, bullying behavior and discrimination through thoughtful behavior and leading by example.
- Work in accordance with Lonely Planet policy and procedural guidelines.
- Comply with all OSHA guidelines, reporting any potential risks or hazards.
- Follow safe work practices for self and others.
Key Skills / Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications / Attributes:
- Strong interest in travel. Better yet- you’re familiar with the Lonely Planet brand.
- Strong organizational skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, and take initiative independent of direct supervision
- Ability to follow up in a timely manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and working with a database.
- Publishing industry experience preferred.
About Lonely Planet:
At Lonely Planet we live to travel. Everything we do is designed to inspire and enable travelers to get out and experience the world.