Digital Marketing Manager - DK
375 Hudson Street, New York, NY, United States, 10014
Oversee DK’s social channels and eNewsletters for the US Market, working in conjunction with both the US and UK marketing teams. The right candidate will be passionate about using social media and marketing to maximize sales and engagement for our books as well as helping new readers discover DK books.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of social channels
- Work with internal teams to create innovative digital marketing and publicity campaigns
- Develop original social content including graphics, video series, asset reveals, and live streams
- Engage with followers, influencers with a goal to increase our social media footprint in US
- Spot and surface emerging trends, conversations, influencers, and content
- Actively monitor social performance, establish KPIs, and share actionable data with interal teams
- Establish a cohesive brand voice for DK across digital channels
- Participate in marketing and publicity brainstorms as well as planning sessions for the DK adult, children’s and travel lists
- Write original content for blog posts, news alerts, quizzes, and giveaways
- Work with UK led DK.com team to evaluate site performance, optimize content offering, and concept new features
- Manage the eNewsletter program from ideation and content creation
- Maintain digital marketing plans, content calendars, and process documents
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience writing blog content, pop culture recaps, articles, eNewsletters, and web-first content preferred
- Working knowledge of social media management, analytics, and social listening tools
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Proven ability to multitask, pivot between assignments, and adapt to the fluid nature of projects
- Strong experience with all social media platforms ie Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube
- Experience creating and executing highly successful social media campaigns, increasing followers, subscribers, and engagement
- eNewsletter creation and subscription growth
- Creating and optimizing social media advertising
- Strong ideas on where the digital world is heading and how to get us there
- 3-4 years experience running consumer-focused social media, websites, or digital communities
Please apply through our online application process to be considered for this role.
About Penguin Random House:
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.