Marketing Manager, Adult - DK
375 Hudson Street, New York, NY, United States, 10014
DK is seeking a creative, organized, and dynamic Marketing Manager to oversee title-specific marketing campaigns for both frontlist and backlist titles, with a focus on non-fiction and reference. Duties include developing and executing marketing plans and strategy; collaborating with the publicity, digital, design and education library teams to create plans; managing a budget; presenting at internal and external meetings, and extensive copywriting. The role requires an incredibly detail-oriented, creative, proactive, and strategic professional able to multi-task, set priorities, and manage a multitude of complex projects within budget and deadlines.
- Brainstorm, develop, and execute marketing campaign and strategy for key adult titles.
- Write marketing copy for sales collateral and create materials to support the sales teams
- Collaborate with UK peers to share content and ideas and on occasion work on global strategic title plan
- Communicate plans and strategies to in-house team, including publishing and sales.
- Collaborate with VP and Senior Marketing Director as well as other team members to shape overall title strategy and to execute larger initiatives.
- Manage a title specific budget
- Participate in and organize materials for trade shows and special events. Occasional travel is required.
- Review and share post-mortem analysis of each measurable campaign for future opportunities.
- 4+ years of experience in book marketing; knowledge of social and digital media platforms
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skill
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and balance multiple priorities
- Experience managing high-level campaigns
- Consumer marketing focus
- Knowledge of marketplace and trends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Apps
Please apply through our online application process.
About Penguin Random House:
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.