Book TV airs on C-Span 2 this weekend from 8 a.m. Saturday to 8 a.m. Monday and focuses on political and historical books as well as the book industry. The following are highlights for this coming weekend. For more information, go to Book TV's website.
Saturday, March 10
12 p.m. Day one of live coverage from the 2018 Tucson Festival of Books (Re-airs Saturday at 9 p.m.). Highlights include:
- 1 p.m. Open phones with Edward Luce, author of The Retreat of Western Liberalism (Grove Press, $16, 9780802128195).
- 1:30 p.m. Douglas Preston, author of The Lost City of the Monkey God: A True Story (Grand Central, $15.99, 9781455540013).
- 2:30 p.m. Open phones with Melissa Del Bosque, author of Bloodlines: The True Story of a Drug Cartel, the FBI, and the Battle for a Horse-Racing Dynasty (Ecco, $27.99, 9780062448484).
- 4 p.m. Open phones with David Cay Johnston, author of It's Even Worse Than You Think: What the Trump Administration Is Doing to America (Simon & Schuster, $28, 9781501174162).
- 4:30 p.m. Scott Kelly, author of Endurance: A Year in Space, A Lifetime of Discovery (Knopf, $29.95, 9781524731595), followed by an open phone segment at 5:30 p.m.
- 7 p.m. Open phones with Max Boot, author of The Road Not Taken: Edward Lansdale and the American Tragedy in Vietnam (Liveright, $35, 9780871409416).
7:30 p.m. Coverage of Dolly Parton's Imagination Library's 100 millionth book donation. (Re-airs Sunday at 8:30 p.m.)
8 p.m. Steven Pinker, author of Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress (Viking, $35, 9780525427575).
Sunday, March 11
1 p.m. Day two of live coverage from the Tucson Festival of Book (Re-airs Sunday at 9 p.m.). Highlights include:
- 2 p.m. Open phones with Liza Mundy, author of Code Girls: The Untold Story of the American Women Code Breakers of World War II (Hachette, $28, 9780316352536).
- 3:30 p.m. Open phones with Craig Shirley, author of Reagan Rising: The Decisive Years, 1976-1980 (Broadside, $29.99, 9780062456557).
- 5 p.m. Open phones with Joshua Green, author of Devil's Bargain: Steve Bannon, Donald Trump, and the Nationalist Uprising (Penguin Books, $17, 9780735225046).
- 6:30 p.m. Open phones with Nancy MacLean, author of Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right's Stealth Plan for America (Viking, $28, 9781101980965).
- 8 p.m. Open phones with Sasha Polakow-Suransky, author of Go Back to Where You Came From: The Backlash Against Immigration and the Fate of Western Democracy (Nation, $30, 9781568585925).