118-AA Shawan Road, Hunt Valley, MD, United States, 21030
As a buyer, the manager is responsible for planning, selecting and purchasing books. The Book Manager/Buyer is responsible for maintaining guest services, oversees and is accountable for the operation of the department, stocking, merchandising, and loss prevention.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Complete the full life cycle of buying books (determine the items to purchase, place order, enter items into inventory, add items to a purchase order). Analyze past sales patterns to anticipate trends in consumer buying pattern
2. Maintain schedules
3. Stock new merchandise - keep department neat/organized
4. Assist customers: know where to find books, make suggestions, and place orders as needed
5. Source and build relations with new suppliers
6. Work with receiving department to maintain timely returns
7. Maintain notice book with new store policy updates as well as information for the department to know
8. Continually evaluate and respond to any performance issues, discuss with the employee and with Human Resources, complete any paperwork
9. Train new employees
10. Plan and manage events: author signings
Qualifications and Skills
At least 5 years of experience in retail or library
At least 2 years in a supervisory or lead role
Ability to prioritize and multitask
Teamwork and leadership skills
About Greetings and Readings:
Located in Hunt Valley, Maryland and part of Baltimore County, Greetings & Readings of Hunt Valley is the premier independent gift store in Maryland.
Proudly serving the Baltimore, Towson and Cockeysville areas, Greetings & Readings offers a selection of books, cards and fine gifts that have been refined over the years to include such notable brands as Vera Bradley, Life is Good, Spartina, Swarovski, Godiva, Hallmark, TOMS, Alex and Ani, plus Baltimore Orioles and Ravens gear, and much more. Greetings & Readings provides a lounge with free Wi-Fi, local gourmet chocolates, and seasonal candy.
The Baum family opened Greetings & Readings as a small book and card shop in 1969. The business has evolved to become the 30,000-square-foot establishment in Hunt Valley.
Greetings & Readings opened as part of the Hunt Valley Towne Centre in Baltimore County, Maryland in August of 2005 and is co-owned by the founders' son, Steven Baum, and son-in-law, Stephen Spund.
"What makes our bookstore distinctive," Baum said, "is our staff. They know books, they care about books and they care about the customers."
Find out more about Greetings & Readings on the Greetings & Readings Wikipedia page.
Greetings & Readings of Hunt Valley is always full of activity - trunk shows for women's fashions, balloon deliveries, twice-weekly Kids Story Time for children, weekly author appearances, and more.
Greetings & Readings places an emphasis on quality Customer Service. The Customer Service department can help make your life a little easier with gift boxes for your purchases, custom gift wrap, postage stamps, returns/exchanges, and whatever else you may need!