41 Main Street, East Hampton, NY, United States, 11937
Located on the East End of Long Island, BookHampton is highly regarded for its curated inventory, vibrant author events, and excellent customer service. The assistant manager will join a small but enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team of booksellers/booklovers and play an integral role in a growing business that enjoys broad community and industry support.
- Assisting the store manager in overseeing day-to-day operations of the bookstore
- Working with the leadership team to develop and manage various marketing and social media initiatives
- Coordinating year-round author events while identifying other programmatic opportunities
- Community outreach and broad relationship building/industry networking
- Assisting in developing innovative strategies for additional revenue streams to facilitate growth
- Bookselling—reading and recommending books to a regular and visiting customer base
Basic qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years work experience
- strong organizational and communication skills
- detail oriented
- energetic and upbeat attitude
- team player
- An interest in, extensive knowledge of, and curiosity about a broad range of books is essential
- Retail experience a plus
- Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
Situated in the village of East Hampton on Long Island's storied East End, BookHampton provides a vibrant year-round environment for discovering books that intrigue, amuse, educate, and inspire. A dedicated and knowledgeable staff, lively events with fascinating authors, and a warm, welcoming space all combine to create a community place for book lovers.