Client Relations Manager
1400 Broadway, Ste 520, New York, NY, United States, 10018
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is currently recruiting for a Client Relations Manager to join our Ingram Academic Services team in NY. This individual serves as the primary point of contact between Ingram Academic Services and assigned client publishers. This person manages all day-to-day aspects of the ongoing business relationship, instructs clients on policies/procedures, utilizes book industry experience in consultation with clients, and counsels them in the tools available through ICG to maximize their success. This includes but is not limited to: managing all communication with clients such as sales cycle timelines and deadlines; managing systems training for new clients; assisting with academic marketing needs; helping implement an eContent strategy; and use of print-on-demand solutions. Other responsibilities include scheduling and leading regular calls/meetings with client publishers and providing timely, constructive feedback and summary reports. The Client Relations Manager works closely with the onboarding team to project-manage smooth transitions of new client presses. They will also maintain client satisfaction by being client-focused and responding with a sense of urgency.
The ideal candidate will be a person who has publishing industry and client management experience.
- Serves as liaison between assigned client publishers and the Ingram organization across departments including sales, marketing, finance, and all operational service areas.
- Develops and maintains profitable and successful relationships with Ingram Academic Services client publishers.
- Works closely with operations staff to ensure the needs of large clients with their own sales forces are met.
- Develops client-specific agenda and objectives; prepares appropriate reports; discusses client’s current/year-to-date business; communicates changes in policy/procedure, explains benefits and requirements; discusses any issues and concerns; and commits to a follow-up plan.
- Works closely with client publishers and shared assistant to help produce effective sales materials and prepare for seasonal sales meetings.
- Helps develop print projections for frontlist titles and track progress of orders against projections.
- Works with Director and Academic Marketing Manager on marketing initiatives such as academic conferences, direct response vehicles, website promotions, and catalogs.
- Provides guidance on print and eContent merchandising opportunities.
- Operates as the expert for all things pertaining to assigned clients.
- Coordinates and/or provides basic training on all systems to clients as needed.
We would like our talented associate for this role to have at least these minimum skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4 years book industry experience
- 2 years experience with MS Office
We’d be excited to hear if you also have the following experience:
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Client Management experience
- Publishing Operations experience
About Ingram Content Group:
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
We participate in EVerify.