65 Bleecker Street, New York, NY, United States, 10012
Phaidon publishes exquisite and beautiful books in the art, design, architecture, fashion, culinary, and children’s fields. We are seeking a New York City-based Publicity Assistant to support a dynamic in-house publicity department to promote Phaidon’s award-winning titles. Working closely with Publicity team, the Publicity Assistant will also engage in hands-on activities to support several campaigns per season as well as a myriad of administrative tasks. The position will report to the Publicity Director.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate catalog mailing each season and maintain publicity department contact database
- Field press requests for department, create weekly publicity update for entire company, format press releases, handle shipping requests
- Participate in several press campaigns each season including strategizing approach and outreach to media
- Write press releases, pitch letters, and additional support materials
- Coordinate and support publicity events, arrange author travel, and represent company at events.
- Work closely with the marketing, editorial, and sales departments
Essential job requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 2 years experience, ideally in publicity
- Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude
- Confident writing and organizational skills
- A demonstrated ability to establish and meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment and careful attention to detail
- InDesign + Photoshop proficiency not required, but preferred
Submit your resume and cover letter to Kate Greenberg email@example.com
About Phaidon Press:
Phaidon is the premier global publisher of the creative arts with over 1,500 titles in print. They work with the world’s most influential artists, chefs, writers, and thinkers to produce innovative books on art, photography, design, architecture, fashion, food and travel, and illustrated books for children. Phaidon is headquartered in London and New York City.