Senior Marketing Manager - Celadon Books
175 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY, United States, 10010
The Senior Marketing Manager will help shape Celadon’s marketing and promotion strategy. The candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing online and offline marketing campaigns, creating marketing content for distribution, coordinating promotions with the Macmillan sales team and booksellers, and working directly with authors.
This position is perfect for someone ready to lead. Celadon Books is new division of Macmillan, and we are looking for an individual who can take the reins of the marketing team as we grow.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following categories:
• Marketing Plans and Campaigns: Develop and implement marketing campaigns for new and existing titles. Focus on identifying target audiences, taglines, "out-of-the-box ideas", and pre-pub through post timeline.
• Art direction: Work with designers on advertisements, social, promotional and sales materials
• Advertising: Oversee Celadon title advertising including strategy, design, and analytics tracking
• Social Media: Work on Celadon’s social networks including Goodreads, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, among others
• Content Development: Work with Content team on creation of articles, images, video, etc for distribution on Celadon channels as well as third party content partners
• Requires a bachelor’s degree; master’s degree in related field a plus
• 4-5+ years’ experience in a marketing, advertising or promotion role
• Experience in all aspects of developing and implementing marketing campaigns
• Experience with social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, etc). Analytics including Facebook Business Manager as well as GA are a major plus
• Must have experience using Photoshop, InDesign or other page layout programs; Word Press coding a plus
• Firsthand knowledge of SEO and SEM campaigns a plus
The successful candidate must have the following skills:
• Project planning is critical; individual must have the capability to document, communicate and integrate results into specific action plans and manage project plans for implementing marketing campaigns
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required; must be able to present results and action plans with professionalism, authority and credibility to all levels within the company, as well as externally to authors and agents
• Initiative and desire to work successfully in a fast-paced, small team environment, self-directing day-to-day activities and prioritization; strong attention to detail, with an ability to follow up on items to ensure tight timelines and releases are met
About Macmillan/Celadon Books:
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC
About Celadon Books:
Founded by publishing industry veterans Jamie Raab and Deb Futter, Celadon Books, a division of Macmillan Publishing, selects each title with thoughtful consideration in an effort to create a list that is at once classic, uncommon, and fosters discoverability of new voices.
Our list includes a wide-ranging selection of fiction and non-fiction, from page-turning thrillers and literary novels to memoirs, works of history and psychology, narrative nonfiction and memoirs. The common denominator is that we aim to publish books of quality with commercial appeal. www.celadonbooks.com