Manager, Brand Publicity
557 Broadway, New York, NY, United States, 10012
The Brand Publicity Manager will develop and implement innovative publicity plans and campaigns for key authors and brands.
The Brand Publicity Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing innovative publicity campaigns for key bestselling authors/brands, licenses, and franchises. Working closely and reporting to the Vice President, Brand Publicity and Franchise Strategy, the ideal candidate will create press materials and secure media interviews, develop and execute buzz-worthy author events and tours and create and maintain targeted media lists including key social media influencers. In addition, the Brand Publicity Manager will proactively identify news hooks for key titles/authors and collaborate with major brand partners and licensors. The candidate we seek must be skilled in pitching and securing national media, experience with social media platforms preferred.
HOW YOU CAN FIT
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong interest in children’s books.
- The ability to work well under pressure, meet tight deadlines and multi-task.
- Strong organizational and research skills and attention to detail.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of PR experience and a B.A. required.
- Experience in social media platforms preferred, and knowledge of children’s books a plus.
The position also requires the following:
- Experience writing press releases and pitch letters.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Experience interacting with directly with authors and media.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work independently.
- Some people management experience.
- Familiarity with media databases such as Cision and Publicity Assistant a plus.
Some benefits that we offer:
- 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
- Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.
About Scholastic Inc.:
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books and a leader in educational technology and children’s media. Scholastic creates quality educational and entertaining materials and products for use in school and at home, including children's books, magazines, technology-based products, teacher materials, television programming, film, videos and toys. The Company distributes its products and services through a variety of channels, including proprietary school-based book clubs and school-based book fairs, retail stores, schools, libraries, television networks and the Company’s Internet Site, http://www.scholastic.com. You can also visit the Company blog at http://www.oomscholasticblog.com