Associate Manager/Manager, Mass Merch Sales - Mid-Atlantic
1745 Broadway, New York, NY, United States, 10019
We have an exciting opportunity available to join the Penguin Random House Mass Merch Sales team!
Located in the Mid-Atlantic, the Associate Manager/Manager will be responsible for overseeing the sales, marketing, and merchandising of front- and backlist titles from all Penguin Random House adult imprints and client publishers. Accounts include mass distributors, grocery stores, and the military primarily located throughout the Northeast.
This position will maintain ongoing communication regarding popular titles, backlist opportunities, and market trends between our New York City based headquarters and the accounts. This position will also provide consistent feedback internally regarding the sell-in of titles and account needs while ensuring the implementation of goals and initiatives set by sales management.
Additionally, the Associate Manager/Manager will:
- Regularly analyze sales data and conduct annual business reviews.
- Proactively conduct store checks and strategize with accounts to market titles and maximize sales.
- Communicate with internal counterparts in an effort to support effective title growth.
- Maintain knowledge of Penguin Random House titles and authors, as well as industry related trends and competitors.
- Attend and participate in sales conferences.
Please apply to join us if you meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 2 year of related sales experience, including direct and frequent interaction with accounts
- Strong interest and awareness of publishing industry, including titles and authors
- Ability to cultivate and maintain productive business relationships
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Highly motivated with the proven ability to work well independently
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel via car regularly and via plane 2-3 times per year
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Prior publishing and/or bookstore experience is strongly preferred
- Previous experience selling to mass distributors is a plus
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements using our online application process.
About Penguin Random House:
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley Books, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at penguinrandomhouse.com.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.