Keystone Industrial Park, Scranton, PA, United States, 18512
W.W. Norton & Company, Inc. is seeking a Credit Manager to join its Operations department. The Credit Manager is responsible for managing the credit and collections process to minimize past due exposure and ensure adherence to payment terms while limiting bad debt, maximizing revenue, and building strong customer relationships. The Credit Manager will train and supervise a team of credit reps to meet department goals, as well as initiate and support improvements in the credit and collection processes. Candidates can be based out of either our Scranton, PA or NYC office. Weekly travel between the two offices is required.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Develop credit policy and necessary processes to determine customer creditworthiness in establishing credit terms
- Establish and implement controls, policies, and systems to ensure accurate and timely collections on all customer accounts
- Prepare cash flow projections and financial reports
- Set team goals and ensure those goals are achieved; conduct regular performance reviews and progress evaluations
- Train team members on new systems and process improvements
- Hire and develop new talent
- Act as subject matter expert for all systems developed for use by credit team
- Support operations with business process improvement design and implementations
- Oversee the processing and verification of applications for credit
- Monitor the releases, cancellation, and pending orders that have been held due to credit limits and/or delinquency status
- Partner with Sales and Customer Service colleagues to resolve billing disputes and customer issues adversely impacting timely collections; advise Sales team of outstanding chargeback and past due invoice issues and enlist support for resolution of disputes
- Review A/R agings with team members and resolve excessive past due transactions
- Conduct reconciliations and approve non-chargeback credits, returns, pricing, shortages and refund checks
- Negotiate payment settlements
- Manage collections process and monitor accounts submitted to third party agencies
- Ensure maintenance of accurate customer and terms of sale information
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
- Employment eligibility to work in the US
- Publishing industry experience strongly preferred
- 7+ years of credit, collections, and accounts receivable experience
- Proven manager with 3+ years of experience in a managerial or supervisory role; ability to recruit new talent and develop and improve individual and team performance
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills; ability to partner with Sales and Customer Service teams
- Strong computer skills and a working knowledge of all MS Office programs
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, and problem solve
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- While overnight stays are not necessary, the ability to work out of our New York, NY and Scranton, PA offices each week is required
About W.W. Norton & Company, Inc.:
W.W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W.W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years.” In college publishing, that imperative applies not only to books, but also to an ever-growing list of essential print and digital resources that support teaching and learning. For more information about the Company, visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.