Account Manager, North America
1385 Broadway, FL 5, New York, NY, United States, 10018
Reporting to the Associate Director of Sales, Americas, the Account Manager (Digital Resources) will drive sales of online products within their territory, prospect for new customers, achieve sales targets, and collaborate with other sales team members and marketing to effectively build brand awareness and provide relevant market feedback. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the academic marketplace and the ability to communicate effectively with decision-makers on the acquisition of online products across a range of disciplines in the humanities and social sciences.
• Meet/exceed sales targets as set by management
• Effectively manage a portfolio of accounts, developing positive relationships with clients and act as their first point of contact
• Generate new business using existing customer base in CRM as well as building the customer base
• Help provide solutions to customer issues in a timely manner and liaise with customer support as needed
• Provide timely feedback on the status of accounts and transactions, as well as MTD and YTD sales, sales pipeline, and opportunities
• Set and track sales targets by account, aligned with company objectives, and monitor sales metrics and key performance indicators
• Suggest actions to improve sales performance and identify opportunities for growth
• Conduct site visits within assigned sales territory and represent Bloomsbury Digital Resources at relevant academic/library conferences
• Consistently improve product knowledge through training on key products both as a participant and lead presenter.
Requirements + Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 5+ years experience in selling to institutional market and quantifiable success as a sales
• A publishing or electronic resources background
• Experience of selling to libraries direct and an extensive set of contacts highly desirable
• Hands on experience in sales and an ability to deliver excellent customer experience
• Knowledge of SalesForce.com preferred and MS Office (MS Excel in particular)
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Entrepreneurial attitude with a focus on problem-solving
• Ability to travel up to 20%
Bloomsbury has a generous program of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and short term disability coverage and a 401k program.
Bloomsbury USA is a general interest publisher of adult and children's books. Established in 1998 as an American subsidiary of Bloomsbury, on the adult side, they are the publisher of the bestselling and award winning books Salvage the Bones (National Book Award Fiction Winner), Can’t We Talk About Something More Pleasant? (National Book Award Nonfiction Finalist), The Bone Season series, The Finkler Question, Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, and Kitchen Confidential; as well as works by award-winning writers Gail Godwin, Daniel Handler, Ross King, Johann Hari, Sam Quinones, Carol Anderson, Mark Kurlansky, and EJ Dionne, Jr.