Online Content Associate
814 N Franklin St., Chicago, IL, United States, 60610
The Online Content Associate’s primary responsibilities are to create and update content across the universe of IPG websites, including www.ipgbook.com, individually-branded “shopping carts” for IPG publishers, password-protected client resource sites, blogs, and email marketing campaigns, and to support the overall direct-to-consumer marketing strategies of IPG.
Responsibilities & Job Duties
- Curate the display of IPG distributed products across all websites and platforms, including bestseller lists, thematic features and collection
- Work closely with the IPG Marketing department to develop a cohesive brand voice and online presence, including via social media
- Develop and compose articles and blog posts that promote company initiatives, demonstrate industry insights, and drive engagement and interest in products
- Collaborate w/ other departments to understand internal initiatives and communicate them via IPG websites
- Develop and compose direct-to-consumer email marketing campaigns to support and promote the thematic features, collections, Sales and Publisher priorities, and new releases.
- Measure and analyze success of content strategies and make recommendations for future projects using Google Analytics
- Create individually-branded ecommerce sites for IPG publishers using a proprietary CMS
- Troubleshoot data-related content display issues across all sites
- BA/BS degree or equivalent related work experience required
- Thorough knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Well-organized, self-motivated, and able to respond to inquiries with a sense of urgency
- Strong ability to think creatively both individually and as a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience w/Wordpress, Blogger, or other online content publishing platforms
- Experience with online & email marketing platforms preferred, but not limited to: Google Adwords, MailChimp, Constant Contact
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and other metrics a plus
- Strong analytical ability
- Fluency with social media sites, including but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, and Goodreads
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are asked to email a cover letter and resume to Jessie Jonik at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Independent Publishers Group:
Established in 1971, Independent Publishers Group (IPG) was the first organization specifically created for the purpose of marketing titles from independent presses to the book trade. IPG was acquired by Chicago Review Press in 1987. In the fall of 2006, the senior management of Chicago Review Press, Inc., the parent company of IPG, bought Trafalgar Square Publishing, Inc., the leading U.S. distributor of UK publishers. Trafalgar Square Publishing was founded in 1973 and distributes for clients such as Penguin Random House UK, Australia, New Zealand, and China; Summersdale; Pavilion Books; Allen & Unwin; The History Press; Amberley Publishing; HarperCollins UK; Pan Macmillan; and John Blake. With consistent growth each year, IPG’s success has come from supporting and encouraging the growth of its client publishers in the United States and worldwide. IPG has a wide reach in the market with its distribution of publishers with academic, Spanish-language, children’s, and general nonfiction and fiction titles.
IPG is the second largest independent distributor of books and e-books in the world, and one of the top 10 suppliers of book content to Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, independent bookstores, and Apple, in addition to thousands of other retailers globally.
IPG is an equal opportunity employer.