175 5th Ave, New York, NY, United States, 10010
Celadon Books is seeking a Publicist to execute successful publicity campaigns, manage all aspects of multi-city author tours and interact with authors, media, editors, agents, and event coordinators. The ideal candidate has a solid track record of generating creative angles and pitches and will come with a strong working knowledge of the media landscape.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Securing national and regional media for both hardcover and paperback titles.
• Independently planning and executing author tours, including local book events, media interviews and author travel.
• Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with producers, editors, book reviewers, event coordinators and booksellers.
• Communicating and building partnerships with authors and agents.
• Creating persuasive press materials, including press releases, pitch letters, author Q&A’s, and story ideas.
• Collaborating with the editorial, marketing, and sales teams on campaign execution.
• 2-3 years book publicity experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, collaborative environment.
• Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented nature.
• Proficiency with Sales Force and Cision.
A deep understanding of the digital media space, including bloggers and social media is required.
The successful candidate must have the following skills:
• Project planning is critical; individual must have the capability to document and manage project plans for campaigns
• Have a strong knowledge of the marketplace and competition.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required; must be able to communicate with authors and agents with professionalism, authority and credibility
• Initiative and desire to work successfully in a fast-paced, small team environment, self-directing day-to-day activities and prioritization; strong attention to detail, with an ability to follow up on items to ensure tight timelines and releases are met
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC
About Celadon Books:
Founded by publishing industry veterans Jamie Raab and Deb Futter, Celadon Books, a division of Macmillan Publishing, selects each title with thoughtful consideration in an effort to create a list that is at once classic, uncommon, and fosters discoverability of new voices.
Our list includes a wide-ranging selection of fiction and non-fiction, from page-turning thrillers and literary novels to memoirs, works of history and psychology, narrative nonfiction and memoirs. The common denominator is that we aim to publish books of quality with commercial appeal. www.celadonbooks.com