500 Fifth Ave, New York, NY 10110, New York, NY, United States, 10110
W.W. Norton is seeking an experienced and skilled contracts professional to join its Contracts Department as a Contract Manager. The Contracts Manager will draft and negotiate a wide range of book and subsidiary rights contracts. In addition, the Contracts Manager will provide training to new employees on contracting practices and procedures as well as develop and implement procedures for contract administration in compliance with company policy. This position reports directly to the Contracts Director.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of book and subsidiary rights contracts.
- Advise on contractual issues.
- Assist editorial staff with acquisitions.
- Manage contract administration.
- Assist in the daily management of Contracts staff.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS).
- Employment eligibility to work with W.W. Norton & Company in the US.
- Must be able to work full business hours from Norton’s New York City headquarters.
- 5 or more years industry experience (book publishing and/or literary agency) reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts.
- High level of comfort with both traditional and non-traditional publishing arrangements.
- Fluency and interest in financial and legal issues relevant to drafting and negotiation of publishing agreements.
- Ability to create new procedures and workflow.
- Team player with the ability to work effectively and independently.
About W.W. Norton & Company, Inc.:
W.W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W.W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years.” In college publishing, that imperative applies not only to books, but also to an ever-growing list of essential print and digital resources that support teaching and learning. For more information about the Company, visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.