Outreach & Sales Liaison
5233 N. Clark St. , Chicago, IL, United States, 60640
Women & Children First is seeking a full-time Outreach & Sales Liaison to help strengthen and expand our bookstore’s partnerships and reputation within the Chicagoland feminist community. This individual will manage all bulk orders, online orders, and off-site events. The ideal candidate will be an outgoing book lover who is detail oriented, efficient, proactive, and comfortable with technology. A proven self-starter, this staffer should have experience working from home and the related skills of time management and juggling both short-term and long-term deadlines and goals. This staffer will also be expected to attend W&CF’s monthly staff meeting and work one shift per week as a bookseller in the store as one way of keeping current with W&CF’s mission, staff, and stock. This position would be 32 hours per week, including some nights and weekends depending on the event schedule. Starting pay is $15/hour depending on experience.
- Coordinate and manage all off-site bookselling events.
- Coordinate and manage all bulk book orders, including those from schools, nonprofit organizations, and businesses.
- Manage all online orders placed through our website, womenandchildrenfirst.com
- Identify and cultivate mutually beneficial partnerships with local organizations and companies whose missions overlap with that of Women & Children First.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- A passion for books
- Access to a car
- Valid driver’s license and insurance
- Retail experience
- Experience using Square POS
- Cash handling experience
- Detail oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication
How to Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Lynn Mooney at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Women & Children First:
Opened in 1979, Women & Children First is one of the largest feminist bookstores in the country, stocking more than 30,000 books by and about women, children's books for all ages, and the best LGBTQ fiction and non-fiction. We have a robust schedule of events and programming, with weekly author readings, book clubs, and other programming. We also serve as a neighborhood bookstore and community space to Edgewater, Rogers Park, and other parts of the northside of Chicago and Evanston.